The Colorado Springs Chapter of the American Wine Society was formed to fill a cultural and social void in our area with wine enthusiasts, winemakers, and wine industry professionals who want to enjoy learning about wine and sharing experiences with others in a group setting.
- Established as the AWS of Colorado Springs - January 2015
- Grow the Chapter annually through inclusion
- Offer exciting activities for members and guests
- Each event will include a wine education component
- Engage wine enthusiasts in activities and events that promote social interaction, discussion, and enjoyment of wine
Building Interest in Our Chapter
- Promote membership in the AWS during interaction with other wine enthusiasts
- Invite prospective members to attend monthly meetings and events
- Identify ourselves as members of AWS during external and internal wine events and activities
- Reserve 7:00pm on the first Tuesday of each month for regular chapter meetings and events, subject to change as members may decide.
- Identify volunteer leaders to perform organizational tasks such as conducting meetings, communications, event planning, financial management, etc.
- Members commit to join AWS as national members, and affiliate with the Colorado Springs chapter or other desired chapters.
- Costs of events will be paid by members to the chapter in advance. No refunds starting one week prior to the event.
Potential Event Types
- Guest speakers and presenters
- Wine tasting events
- Food and Wine pairing dinners
- Winemaking competitions